Voodoo Labs Tremolo II

Voodoo Labs Tremolo II
 
The Voodoo Labs Tremolo is optical based. It has True Bypass switching. 


The pedal has a Volume knob to compensate for perceived volume loss, which is a must for some folks. 

The "Slope" control is the wave form modifier. All the way to the left is your smoothest wave, and all the way to your right is your choppier square type wave.

Intensity is the depth control, making the effect more prominent or less prominent. 

Just my honest opinion, I did not like this Tremolo. The main reason being is I thought it affected my over all tone, and not in a good way. All my dynamics seemed to have been lost. The Tremolo didn't sound inspiring either, it was doing the job. But that was about  it. I didn't think it did a great job at either smooth or choppy Trem.

I know there are plenty of people that like this Tremolo, so perhaps my experience is a one off. But for my money, their are better and cheaper options out here. For most folks this may get the job done, but I wouldn't consider it an exceptional Trem by any means.

Pro's
 - Fairly Cheap
 - True Bypass
 - Wave Morphing via the Slope Control for a few flavors

Con's
 - Felt it sucked the life out of my tone (YMMV)
 - Modulation did not sound inspiring at that point, there are cheaper options that sound better


 

Comments